Fish related DIY projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Knocked these up over the past few days.

First up is a push net. I had an old battered carp fishing net donated, it was ideal for the job. A bit of a quick and dirty build as you can see. I have a similar one made from an old keepnet which worked a treat last year

WP_20200423_005.jpg

Next up is an overly engineered minnow trap for when the trout season opens, and it will get used in rockpools for shrimp and bait fish on coastal trips. I daren't think how many holes I melted into it!

WP_20200423_001.jpg

lastly I spent a couple of hours with some 22mm copper pipe to knock up these trout spoons, ready for lockdown to end!

WP_20200430_009.jpg

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I like those very much. Like the shrimp net too. Always wanted one to go shrimping with.

Get one made! I've got the supplies for another one so I'll do a how to on the next one. They are really effective too, it doesn't take long to get the technique right. I couldn't quite believe how many shrimp I got with it, I've had plenty of small flatfish, sandeels and gobies too, and even a huge spidercrab!

I’m champing at the bit to go coarse fishing when the lockdown is relaxed :oops:

The wait is long isn't it. I've walked and biked past my usual local haunts, seems backwards not being able to fish. I can't bloomin wait. The angling trust has been lobbying to get fishing allowed after May 7th, here's hoping!

Thats grand, Punkrockcaveman, are you going to make a spinny lure next?

Or a crayfish trap?

Both are on the list, more than likely a crayfish/crab trap first though. I have an old keepnet that needs a new lease of life....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE