First Wild/Hammock camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Had my first wild/hammock camp last weekend, met up with my friend and his mate at an abandoned quarry, had a 25 min walk to an old wood, lot of dead trees about and it was a bit spooky if I'm honest.

Got there 40 minutes before it got dark and managed to get my hammock up ok, but made a bit of a bodge with my tarp as it was a bit low for me to stand up fully, it was my first time using it, but I've been practising knots since I've got back so hopefully it will be better next time, didn't manage to get my under quilt on as I couldn't see great with the tarp being low and not having had a practice with it so just put it in the bottom of my hammock, I had my down mat in the under bit anyway so it wasn't a problem, that moved a bit but sorted it out when I got up in the night, I hadn't pushed it far enough in.
I slept really well, and was warm enough in my down bag, so well so well chuffed.

Had a great fire and cooked tea over it, had a play with a catapult and generally had a chill out night, we were all packed up for 9.00 am when it started raining so the walk back to the car was a bit wet, but had a brilliant time and can't wait for my next trip.

My friend did a short video, but not sure if I can put that on after reading the rules ?

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Ah, the lure of the hammock....do bears s*** in the woods?.....yes, yes they do...do you know where they s*** though?....thats right, on the floor. Now why would anyone CHOOSE to sleep on that! :D

Why cant you post a vid? Is it a full member thing?

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
if you only remember one thing when out in the woods at night.
you are the scariest thing out there!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE