First time in the Guide 147

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Last sunday I desided to take my new OT Guide 147 out for the first time.

11435261.jpg

The weather was fine and we packed coffee, food and smoking pipe and headed for a nearby lake .
First I tried the canoe solo, just to get the feel of it. It is after all 20 years since my last canoe trip. The canoe handles very well solo I think. Not a racing boat but I`m not in a hurry.

11435299.jpg

When I got a little warm I finally let my little daughter into the canoe. She loved every bit of it.

11435343.jpg

11435370.jpg

Please don`t comment the canoes trim. I know, I know. I start the diet tomorrow, or buy myself a 20 liter water can.
After some paddling I left the seat to my stephdaughter as my youngest daughter would not come out of the canoe.

11435385.jpg

The canoe handles surprisingly well for its size. It feels a little unstable with two adults but I think some weight (water can or rucksacks) in the canoe would do the trick.
I later made a new paddle because the one I had was a little short and besides I wanted to have two paddles. A spare is always nice.
The reason I made it myself was that no shops in the city had one (sold out) and they wasn`t too eager to get me one either.
Common problem up here. Service? Uhm, no, that must be farther south:eek: .
My father and me also used it for a fishing trip yesterday and it worked like a charm. No pics from that trip, sorry.

Tor

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Hi Tor

I can see you will soon be making another smaller paddle for your daughter, paddling is a great family thing for all ages and interests.

I hope you enjoy many outings in your new boat, Pothunter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE