First Spoon and Stool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buggane

Jul 30, 2012
Isle of Mann/ Liverpool
I did post on here a while ago about the first spoons I had made but I never got round to posting a pictures because I managed to miss place my camera but as they say better late than never. Here is a love spoon carved from mahogany, i started carving it out using those cheap crafts gouges from ebay and quickly realized they were probably worth less than the £3 I spent haha. The picture was taken before it was finished but it was eventually finished in danish oil.

and a quick log stool I made the otherday so I could sit in the sun.

tumblr_mp2cbcKzIZ1s5hcggo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mp2c6qDm0k1s5hcggo1_1280.jpg

I think the images should appear but if they don't my new blog can be found here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/buggane-bushcraft

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Nice spoon! You were very ambitious on your first one. My very first one was more like a stick with a hollow bit on one end and a narrower bit on the other... I like the looks of your mora spoon-knife too! Have you stained the handle?

Buggane

Jul 30, 2012
Isle of Mann/ Liverpool
i've done some very basic whittling before so the spoon didn't feel to ambitious at the time although my hand was dead after 5 minuets haha. I used kiru sumi tattoo ink with water to stain my spoon knife. it's a very strong pigment and has held well on other projects regardless of dirt or wear.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good stuff, love the spoon.................................and the stool, come to that............................................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE