First Scandi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Well recently I thought about making a scandi, now I have never made one before so I wasn't really sure about how to go about it. I nevertheless blindly stumbled on and today (after a couple of days) I finished it.

I think that I may have bit off a bit more than I could chew so here is a picture of it before final sealing and polishing.

p1010098small6ly.jpg

The wood is Afzelia Burl, the dark bits are Buffalo horn and the metal work is Nickel silver with a Lauri PT blade, there are a number of pictures of it in the making as well as how I made the knife vice (very simple to make).

I'll post some more pictures when it is finished with a reasonable sheath and any others that people wish to see :)

leon-1

Thanks Simon, I am currently wetforming the sheath for it.

This one was a bit of a toy to see if I could make one in a couple of days, but I have still got to seal the knife handle properly and that will take a little while :rolleyes:

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Very nice indeed Leon!

I started on my first one about 3 weeks ago, got the handle roughed out and then couldnt resist (ab)using it :D Yours has encouraged me to finish shaping and sealing the handle!

172433.jpg

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Nice work guy's.
I must get my **** in gear and get mine finished.
I got a lovely forged blade from Tacol over on British Blades and it's been on the bench for months now.
Soo little time :rolleyes:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Lovely work guys. Mojo, that one looks like a real user! Leon, was the buffalo horn difficult to work with? Very well crafted mate.

I will eventually make the knife that (as Dave Barker puts it) i have been "threatening" to make for a while! :D

leon-1

The buffalo horn was quite easy to work with in the end, but it has a strange smell when you are working it, I took it down do to 2500 grit wet and dry before buffing with a cloth with abramax grey which is why it is nice and shiny :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE