First Run Of The Hammock

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Cutchy and I randomly decided last night that we would go and try out out our new hammocks, we both bought Trekmates Expedition hammocks at Christmas and had a spur of the moment idea to try them last night. Overall was quite impressed although even with a roll mat underneath it was still COLD! Still had a good night, was a great laugh and think we have maybe found a new local spot that we can just disappear to if the notion takes us. Unfortunately my memory got the better of me and I forgot to charge the camera but managed to get a few pics before it died on me :(

DSC00120.jpg

How it all started, in the pub...

DSC00121.jpg

My setup with the 'amazon tarp'

DSC00123.jpg

Another view of my setup.

DSC00125.jpg

SAT boiling water.

DSC00127.jpg

Cooking and having a beer.

I think I'm going to get a better tarp for the next time we go as the amazon tarp was fine to go up and didny rustle because there was no wind but it was a bit of a nightmare to pack up so I think a DD tarp and Thermarest may be coming my way :D Lesson well and truely learnt :lmao:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Nice little trip mate!

You can also use an Underquilt / Underblanket for the extra warmth.
I use them and then the hammock is nice and warm.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
People give the Trekmate Hammocks a real slating some time but mine has really taken some abuse without any problems. I made an underquilt for mine and going to start making a mk2 version soon. My other one is now in the swap sections

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE