First Responders, what do you think?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
It's been a while, well actually nearly a year. I completed my First Responder training today through the South East Coast Ambulance Service. It was very interesting with a huge amount to cover in such a small period of time.

Just got to pass my assessment next Saturaday and I'll be ready for the road!

Pib

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I sat my assessment as a Community First Responder in November, but can not go "active" yet as they still haven't processed my application.

I still attend training, but am getting fed up now. I have all the kit, AED, oxygen, pager, radio etc but can not go to jobs!

I took this up as my dad has angina & I realised how long it took for the ambulance to get to us.

Having trained, qualified volunteers is no good if some paper pusher doesn't sort out the application!

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I quallified as CFR about a month or so ago. Just waiting for my CRB to come through before I go live.
Went out yesterday 3rd manning with an ambulance crew to see how the professionals do it - brill day, very tiring but great experience.

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE