First Pouch

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Inspired by MKs handbag thread, I was playing around with some leather work this week, trying out a stamp I got from Kerne on BCUK and I needed a pouch to put all my archery bits and pieces in to stop them rolling about in my case. By far the most complicated bit of stitching I've done, a total pain in the I'm going to try wet moulding next time, the stitching should be easier even if the moulding is harder. Learned a lot with this build;

o Learn how to set the poppers correctly, not sure what I did wrong here but it deformed the popper, any ideas??
o Dye the leather before applying the poppers, doesn't look that bad in real life, flash showed it up
o Put the D rings on before you stitch up the belt loops
o Use some glue on the end panels

Anyways on with the show;

PA020233.jpg

PA020235.jpg

PA020236.jpg

PA020237.jpg

PA020238.jpg

PA020239.jpg

Pretty pleased for my first attempt at a pouch, pretty usable, but definitely room for improvement

Cheers,

Alan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Yup and my last, horrible stitching, restricted access, nightmare :yuck: Think I'll try a wet formed next.

Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong with setting the poppers? Got the wee plastic button thingy and not mullering it too much??

Cheers,

Alan

pwb

Good job on that pouch looks great :cool: .

There's no way I'd even try that method , way to complicated for me :D , I definitely like the wet moulded method.

Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong with setting the poppers? Got the wee plastic button thingy and not mullering it too much??

No idea ,I use snaps from Le Prevo and a setting tool and still ,more offten than not ,end up with a marked top :confused: .

Cheers,
Pete.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE