First knife on new grinder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Testing my new grinder today :)

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Love that blade shape Lawrence!
Realy nice.
You using your 'DUGUN' sig as your makers mark ?
My best.
Chris.

Thanks Chris, i will have to sort out a mark - i don't bother at the minute because i don't sell my knives but i might stick this one up for sale and see how it goes, i wouldn't mind making a few but im usually kept busy enough with leather and kydex.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Sweet work Lawrence. Did you make the blade blank as well? What kind of grinder is it? What did you pay?

Yes i made the blank.
The grinder is from the group buy i ran recently on BB and here, it's a snap-on / multitool attachment.
The attachment was originally designed to be mounted on a bench grinder, we designed and manufactured an adapter kit to fit it to a better power source and tailor it for knife making.
The idea is that some people will be happy enough using it on a bench grinder but with the adapter kit they can upgrade later.
The original attachment was £60, adapter kit £40.
My motor set up is the more expensive solution, it's a 3 phase motor with an inverter to give me a variable speed control, motor and inverter cost just over £200 and then maybe another £50 for an enclosure and switches, pot and misc items.
All told i suppose it's up and running for around £350 but a lot of people are going for a cheaper single speed motor which should get the completed build down to around the £200 - £250 mark.
There is a thread over on BB where hopefully we will see a few more coming together, this wee knife was just for me to give mine a proper test.
You can see the assembly instructions etc over on BB
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1748190#post1748190

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE