First ever attempt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jackel

Jun 21, 2006
saltburn
Got a blank fire steel today and After seeing a few on here I thought I'd give it a bash

Just used a scrap piece of ozzie silky oak and a scalpel and some sandpaper and 10 minutes later I had this:-

Not bad for a first go

Only had the one coat of beeswax so far few more coats to do but I'm well chuffed:)

Jackel

Jun 21, 2006
saltburn
its Australian silky oak I cut it across the grain and it has a great effect on the sides which the camera cannot pick up

U

unused[nl]

did you just drilled the hole? and see if the blank fitted in the wood? I am kind of interested in this may give it a try my self. Do you know any good places where they sell them? (If you know a shop in the Netherlands it would be great ;))

Jackel

Jun 21, 2006
saltburn
unused[nl];296532 said:
did you just drilled the hole? and see if the blank fitted in the wood? I am kind of interested in this may give it a try my self. Do you know any good places where they sell them? (If you know a shop in the Netherlands it would be great ;))

I just measured the blank against a drill bit and drilled the hole into the wood

Jackel

Jun 21, 2006
saltburn
its off an iold knife scale I had lying about but I think the pair of scales on cost 50p and they were 5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide

I'll find the address

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE