First bite of the year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Last Sunday afternoon we went for a wander in Brecfa forest, we're a mile or so in and we sit down I the lovely moss next to the lovely steam and all is beautiful in the world.
Then ouch, I rub the back of my leg and blood, it bleeds for a while, it's itchy but not too bad, over the next 12 hours it blisters up in a few places over a couple of inches and my leg is all red and hot, Tuesday my lower leg swells, ankle and foot and it's still swolen, although it's not painful and I know it will soon calm down.

If I'm going to react to something it's usually horse flies but I didn't see any, I hope it's not a sign of what the years going to be like though 😱

Anyone else got nailed yet?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ouch! I've just been thinking that I love this time of year when the windows and doors are wide open and the flies haven't come out yet.
I also got a new epi-pen yesterday though…just in case.

Been looking at screen doors too; I don't want sticky velcro stuff on the windows and doors though, and I can't find ones that just magnet on.

Hope your bite settles down pdq, Boss.

atb,
M

Hey Tony,

This is not a good sign - i think you should pay a visit to the Doc; my wife was bitten by a tick last year and just for our safety we did some blood tests. If it calms down fast it should not be necessary but if not you should take this into consideration.
Hopefully you will be ok very soon! ;)

All the best,
Bogdan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE