First axe mask.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I bought a French axe, made by Peugeot at the moot, but it did'nt have a mask. So I decided to have a go and make one. I had some stuff in my shed,so i sat in the garden and had a go. Here is the result.
003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

Four things I learned.1, It's not like carpentry,2, Its hard work,3, Take your time and 4,you leather workers rock.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Very nicely done Colin, glad to see it finally wearing an overcoat. Hope you and she have many happy chopping sessions together.

+1 on the leather workers comment, they do make it look easy don't they.... until you try it yourself. The same could be said with basketry!!! :cussing:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Very nicely done Colin, glad to see it finally wearing an overcoat. Hope you and she have many happy chopping sessions together.

+1 on the leather workers comment, they do make it look easy don't they.... until you try it yourself. The same could be said with basketry!!! :cussing:

As usual when you're outside the comfort zone, ie bamboo........
Cheers mate.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
You can tell I've got too much time on my hands at the moment, got to be doing something. I decided to wet form the mask around the axe to make asnug fit. While the leather was wet I thought how about a bit of decoration. Scratching my head for an idea for something to emboss into the leather, I remembered the bronze pendant I bought from Dave Budd,(sorry Dave). Perhaps I've overegged it a bit, but oh well.

View attachment 12035

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Nice work Colin, I need to do the same to my new axe from biker as well. You could have the same embellishments on all you leather stuffs from now on. Egyptian hieroglyphic arts nice work, how did you attach the lip to the back of the axe sheath, leather rock ny Friend. Thanks for sharing tc the interceptor boy and hi to your mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE