First attempt at leather carving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
At Wooplaw this last weekend Hamish kindly gave me some leather offcuts to use for making a stacked knife handle and I was sat staring at it (when I was supposed to be working) :eek:

Hopefully Hamish won't be annoyed at me using a piece to try some leather carving, and bearing in mind I don't have any leather working tools... I half-inched some of my wife's clay working tools and made...

leather.jpg

I know it's rubbish, but it is a start and I thoroughly enjoyed making it. Also half-inched my wife's silk paints as well to add some colour.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's come out okay. Hamish will be looking over his shoulder at competition soon. ;)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Just thinking Dewi, make a matching one and you could sew them on and award yourself Oak Leaf clusters for your new skills. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I think I may need to buy some leather working tools... I'm sat here with a make shift awl, a pair of scissors and a foldaway stanley knife attempting to make an oak leaf pouch :eek:

messingabout.jpg

It is possible I may have some sort of leather-making disorder :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE