firesteel tips needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Nothing to trade, unless you're interested in stacks of malfunctioning, obsolete PC parts... ;)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, a bushcrafter never wastes a resource. ;) :D I'll think of something to do with 'em sooner or later...

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Jeff Wagner said:
I have found that non-functioning PC's make very satisfying shotgun targets. Their remains are useful for intimidating the replacement. ;)
First class idea, are they in season at the mo? What loads are recommended, I,m guessing no.4 shot out to about twenty yards, but wouldn't mind trying brenica slug at about fifty.

Rhianwen

Dec 7, 2005
East riding of Yorkshire
Greywolf said:
now all I need is to convince the Boss I NEED a firesteel ;)

Ok, Boss has seen, boss is convinced, but boss still says on yer bike :D
grlaugh.gif

Isn't this Bushcraft lark supposed to be about surviving on what little you can? Keep up buying gadgets for it and we'll bloomin well have to
diablo_4.gif

Rhi x

benmatthews90

Oct 31, 2005
devon
keep practicing with the steel an within a week it will become 2nd nature
my steel iis the fiirst tool i reach for when i am lighting a fire but in emercencies i have a blowtorch lighter as back up
you do need good tinder for a steel but ii find the first 6 inches of a pine trees branch is packed with oil so it very good and i have lit fires in the rain (light rain not a downpour)
good luck have fun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE