Firesteel quality ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
As you specify the black handle, what are the green handled ones. I thought I had bought a Light My Fire Swedish Army model, but it has a green handle.

A brief search around seems to show they come as either the Scout model (red handle) or black handle (Army model).

Graham

To answer myself, it looks as if the green handled ones are a "cadet" model, which are the same quality as the army model but with a reduced number of strikes (3000 compared to 12000). Probably explained on the Light My Fire web site, but I can only find reseller pages.

Graham

Prophecy

Settler
Dec 12, 2007
Italy
Yeh. I'm not familiar with the green handled model, only the red (Scout) and the black (Swedish Army).

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I have read this thread with interest and need to review what I have at Scouts and whether I need to buy new ones to help with scouts success rate.

The LMF firesteel are available in different colours and even a wooden handled version look here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE