Firebox question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
Does anyone actually have one of those and could tell me the pro's and con's of it? ( I already know about the high price:()
This one
as in - simple and quick to put together/light/decent heat etc etc
thank you

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
sorry i havent seen it before but looking at it, apart from being maybe a little small (although perfect for solo use), it looks excellent certainly something id been keen on hearing more about too. Pricey agreed but if it lasts it could be a longterm friend

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Looks great (sorry don't have one, so not speaking from experience) but as with most of the more 'natural' ways of heating/cooking they are not exactly brilliant for the quick cuppa while en route. That would be the biggest downside for me. I only want to carry one method of cooking if I am travelling light. But for once you are at your site...I would think this would be a marvellous way to cook.

Cheers

Sack

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
It seems no one here has one of those so I decided to go and see it in real life-from the very nice people at Woodland Edge- it is very well built and designed , much easier to assemble and performs better than the honey stove but not as 'roaring heat' as my Bushbuddy though , heavier of course, solid steel construction-
The chimney works very well- this stove lit very fast- and the option of top steel plate or grill makes for easy toast or brew.
For me the weight was not an issue-
Heartily recommended and for just a few quid more than the honeystove, it's no contest and a worthwhile investment as will deffo last longer.
I cooked on it with the top plate and chimney removed with a large pot and it was fine- direct heat- for slower cooking/keeping coffee hot , use the top plate-
I also cooked some bannock on top and that workled a treat too.
weight= 1.9 kgs without the bag

Last edited:

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Ive had one, and sold it on. There is no doubting the quality, but the big minus points for me were,
very heavy for its weight,
and too small.

Paul

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Looks nice but I am happy with my honey+hive options, as I can go as small or big as I like (4,6 or 8 sided).

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
It seems no one here has one of those so I decided to go and see it in real life-from the very nice people at Woodland Edge- it is very well built and designed , much easier to assemble and performs better than the honey stove but not as 'roaring heat' as my Bushbuddy though , heavier of course, solid steel construction-
The chimney works very well- this stove lit very fast- and the option of top steel plate or grill makes for easy toast or brew.
For me the weight was not an issue-
Heartily recommended and for just a few quid more than the honeystove, it's no contest and a worthwhile investment as will deffo last longer.
I cooked on it with the top plate and chimney removed with a large pot and it was fine- direct heat- for slower cooking/keeping coffee hot , use the top plate-
I also cooked some bannock on top and that workled a treat too.
weight= 1.9 kgs without the bag

a few quid? its almost double the price of the honey stove. doesnt seem worth them money to me, i cant see it performing any differently to the honey stove and if someone really wanted one it looks like a simple enough design to make.

but thats just my opion

TJ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE