Fire Steel belt loop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I was inspired by the beautifully BearClaw Field Knife Sheath to do some leather braiding, particularly the three ply trick braid. So I made this firesteel belt loop.

firesteel_nordic-hunter.jpg

It is my first attempt so I am not totally happy with it.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hey clcuckow :this is simply a great idea....i already have my clasp knife on a leather belt keeper/snap hook...i'll just add a quick disconect ring and i'll be complete....i think you started something here.... :) vince g. 11b inf.....

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I am planning to make some to sell but I have promised my next to my Dad and that will be the last of my quick release links.

Well of the good steel ones. I still have a couple of cheaper one's I got from a local outdoors store, but they are sharp at the edges and don't feel as solid.

P Wren

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Kent,Surrey Borders
Last time I bought a couple, I got them from a key cutters/shoe repair stall near Victoria Station. I'm sure that other shops like this would sell them.

For some bizarre reason my brother went through a phase of collecting them when he was young.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Buckshot said:
Where did you get the 'good steel' QR links - I'm looking for some myself.

Cheers

Mark

I got ripped off on evil bay for mine, but there has resently been a group buy on here and BB and I am getting 4 from someone that has some spare and if they are as good I might see about getting some direct of arranging another group buy?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE