fire from mirrors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Don't even need that big a torch, I have relit a cigarette with a smallish(about the size of an issue angle torch) reflector, it relit a ciggy in a second or two but to light one from scratch was more difficult. Maybe it was the colour :dunno: , the same reflector lit a piece of fungus(artist fungus???) straight away too.
The torch reflector doesn't double as a pan lid though! ;)

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Done the same as goose with a torch reflector and a cigar.
Works fine. I did notice that clean white cotton wool just wont catch, its got to be dirty cotton wool or any dark tinder. The whiteness reflects the heat more than I imagined.

I also managed to do the same with a polished coke(beer) can bottom. The results were quite stunning. I showed this to some explorer scouts this summer. I am now a "fire god" :)

Simon E

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
3rd Planet from the sun
I have the thing Matyn shows in the picture, its OK but more of a gimmic than anything else. I needed to be using it from 10:00 to 15:00 or it didnt make enough heat. On the plus side though, it did get hot enough to start some BBQ charcoal (the real stuff, not that poncy paper wrapped stuff) burning.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE