Finnish Hot Berry Juice an appeal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Hi All

I am hoping someone in the bushcraft community can help me, the last few times i have been in Finland and Lapland i have had the joys of their hot berry juice drink and have always bought supplies of it back with me, but alas i have now run out.
Can anybody HELP before i have withdrawal as i love the stuff.

Does anybody know if you can get this stuff here in the UK and if so where? OR are any of you fellows going to Finland, Sweden etc where you might be able to bring some back for me, i will obviously remburse the cost and any postage etc to get it to me.

I am looking for PIRKKA SEKAMEHUTIIVISTE which is Pirkka Mixed berry juice, and comes in 500ml or 1Ltr bottles. If anybody can help i would be most appreciative.

Cheers Troop

Mikko S

Mar 13, 2010
Helsinki, Finland
It's THIS one?

Pirkka is a store brand so It can't be found outside Finland. It says on the description that it's made in Denmark. Maybe someone know similar juice from other brand?

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Having never had the Finnish version I don't know if this will be anything like but Rocks Fruit Punch cordial is very nice hot. In Norway we were served a hot blackcurrant punch, Rocks Blackcurrant cordial makes a passable substitute for that.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Thanks Snowfire, not sure it will be close but might gie it a go, was hoping to find someone who could bring some back really, the closest i've found readily available is VIMTO believe it or not, especially if you mix ridena with it but it's still not the same.

Having never had the Finnish version I don't know if this will be anything like but Rocks Fruit Punch cordial is very nice hot. In Norway we were served a hot blackcurrant punch, Rocks Blackcurrant cordial makes a passable substitute for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE