Finnish Defence Forces Leather Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
During the 1970s, the Finnish Defence Forces designed laced leather boot based on earlier laceless calf-high boot design from the 1960s. The boots are made with Goodyear welt. The soles are either full leather or leather insole combined with outer crepe rubber sole. The boots are designed to be able to use with a thick removable insole and footwraps or socks. The heels have grooves to be used in conjunction with ski bindings.

I have walked around 300 km with one pair of boots and worn about 1/5 way through the rubber outer soles, making these effectively "1000 mile boots". The boots are only sold through Finnish Defence Forces' surplus store in Finland. The are available either as used (10 € per pair) or NOS (30 € per pair).

image.jpg

image.jpg

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Are the insoles for the boots available to buy Martti ?

There are no Finnish surplus removable insoles available for the boots, except for thin leather insoles for smaller sizes.

Does the crepe work well on icy snowy ground?

They are adequate, but then again these boots are not meant for to be walk on ice, but to be use with skis during the winter. Do buy anti slip protectors if you need traction on ice. The replacement rubber outer soles are a bit better:

image.jpg

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The older boot model is based on the same last as the new one, but has a higher shaft and no lacing. These are also available for the same price as the newer ones.

image.jpg

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I have a pair of the first boots. They're very well made, and comfy. They are a tad heavy though, so I use them for when I don't need, or intend walking longer distances than a couple miles. They're generous in width and allow for thicker socks in colder weather, not that I've seen much colder temps this year.
I really like the extra protection they give to the lower part of my calves, achilles area of you like.
This is a really strong boot, and will take some serious abuse.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE