Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Some photographs I have taken in Finland.

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Last edited:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Has the snow in the south now gone?

Only Lapland has snow left, apart from a small amount of snow that fell down on to Southern Finland on the 14th of February and that will melt during the following days. According to the Finnish Meteorological Institute, this is a highly unusual situation for March as usually this type of temperatures are found only during the month of April and onwards.

Exceptionally mild temperatures and little snow in a large portion of the country this February
February was exceptionally warm in Central and Northern Finland. Starting in 1900, February has only been warmer once, in 1990. February was also exceptionally warm in the country's south. The previous time this region experienced a warmer February was in 2008. Other warm Februaries include those in 1974 and 1989.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Some of my picks from a group of photographs taken by the National Board of Antiquities of items preserved in Seurasaari Open-Air Museum in Helsinki. None of the items have been dated, but most of them are from early to mid-19th century.

Backpack, 45 x 45 cm, birch bark

thumbnail.php

Pulkka, 157 x 40 x 38 cm, pine (?)

thumbnail.php

Kousa, 30 x 19 x 12 cm, birch (?)

thumbnail.php

Puukko, 19 x 3.5 cm, birch (?)

thumbnail.php

Axe

thumbnail.php

Ladle, 47.5 x 14 cm, birch (?)

thumbnail.php

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
We need to do a bushcraft exchange! You come here for a week of english bushcraft and then we visit Finland.

I lived in finland for 2 years. Would be awesome to go back and bushcraft.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cool pictures Martti. I love the scenery and posts #8 and #9 were a real treat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE