finished paracord handle on fiskars camp hatchet

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
here's the finished hatchet that was in my final youtube tutorial on making this handle. took photo in my back woods.
009-3.jpg

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I,m just starting out learning to do some paracord work and if mine end up half as good as that i will be a very happy camper !

Craig.............

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Looks like a few hours went into that. Looks great

about 4hrs. thanks.

heres more info:
MAIN HANDLE = a long 3-turn turks head knot with 3 individual 17'+/- strands makeup the main handle for a total of 50' +/- TOPPER KNOT = a 5-turn turks head knot with 1 individual 5'+/- strand (w/ inner cords removed) ADJUSTABLE WRIST LANYARD = 4 individual 4'+/- strands in a sinnet for a total of 16'+/- In total, there is more than 65' of paracord in this hatchet

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Beautiful work...!!! I have a fiskars with a much shorter handle.... I might try the same thing.... But it's so hard learning new knots...!!!

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Looks like a few hours went into that. Looks great

Very nice indeed and super neat goodjob

Jason

Ps are there books for this kinda thing ?

Beautiful work...!!! I have a fiskars with a much shorter handle.... I might try the same thing.... But it's so hard learning new knots...!!!

thanks! if you are serious about doing this, I learned from an out of print book Gibson's Knots and Splices which can be downloaded from scribd.com. Otherwise, checkout the 4 part detailed tutorials I put on youtube.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Looks really nice mate! What is the axe like? Had a feel of one in the shop last week, very light weight handle but obviously didn't get to use it.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Nice work and the photography deserves a nod !
thanks; conditions were great for the pic - i ran out back, found a spot, tried a few locations until I found this one. added a few pine cones and needles lower left, otherwise didn't do anything special! took only 15 minutes from when I tied the last night until I had this picture.

Looks really nice mate! What is the axe like? Had a feel of one in the shop last week, very light weight handle but obviously didn't get to use it.

I like the feel of mine, use it regularly - swings nice and devours wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE