Finding bigfoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Just watched episode one. Eyewitness were good, but thought the team were noisy, too much radio chatter over hand held devices to be taken seriously. Whether there is anything there to find or not, they were lucky to see a deer with the general disturbance they were making. Any thoughts? Myth? Worth thinking about? Utter rubbish?
i like the idea, but think a colony would leave evidence, like poo, bodies, nesting sites, etc.

But is it mountain gorilla scenario? Disputed by science originally but known locally?

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Personally I think it's the cultural superstitions that promote the concept of the animal in the subconscious of those who have grown up with the legends. Similar sightings in Asian jungles and mountainous Russian areas as well as Tibet, but all have long time legends about it. Is it a suggestive thing that is used to explain abnormal animal sightings?

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Yeh the 'team' were so loud it was unreal. It was as if they thought their mics wouldn't pick up whispers. As you say, they were lucky to see a deer on that night recce they did. As for the laser trap being tripped, that could well have been a bird. Any large animal that wanted to avoid humans would have miles away from that racket.

As for the eyewitnesses. I believed every word they said. They seemed very credible. Those folks saw something very much out of the ordinary. I kind of want to believe in Sasquatch and the Yeti. Maybe that's part of the issue, people very much like the idea of them so they see what they want to see.
That kid though, he saw it from 30ft away in the open and it scared the crap out of him. You could still see fear in his eyes a year later.

Sent from my phone.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Mythic archetypes.

But yes, many top primatologists believe them.

how do you hide an animal that size?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Hiding one isn't a problem. A sustainable breeding population is but then America is a big place. I want to believe but I won't hold my breath

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Most episodes are availaible to watch on YouTube, and while I enjoy watching this show I don't think they'll ever make any scientific breakthroughs or discoveries the way they go about their 'research'. The show is mainly pitched for entertainment value and gets very formulated once you've watched it a few times. Having said that the special they did with Bob Gimlin in Bluff Creek was very good.

I'm with Prawnster on this one, I want to believe BF exists and I kinda do but they'll nevr find him on this show.

Last edited:

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I'm always scepitcal about the existence of Bigfoot just as much as I am about UFO's. I can understand and listen to the eye witness accounts but so much abiguity calls things into question for me about the validity of some claims.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE