Trip Report Finally made it out with the hammock after too long...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Yep, once again I have allowed busyness, work and apathy to keep me at home. I had been planning on making it a two night with a walk on the moors but it just didn't happen. Rather than not get out at all though it was just back up in the usual woods, in the usual spot, dragging my exhausted, unhealthy self up the hill once more.

It'll come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that the rejuvenating effects began upon arrival! Had a decent play with the Wild Woodgas stove and got a handle on that a little more. Mooched about a bit, had a simple Bacon Spam and bannock tea and a lovely night under the stars. Decent weather was promised so no tarp, just the DD Frontline.

The morning brought the luxury of a double stove breakfast! The woodgas for boiling and another attempt at a breakfast bannock in the Tanya Mini oven. Burned it a little bit still made a great breakfast! As ever I took along the camera to talk to and boy did I talk! Still, if you fancy seeing how it went, and getting a view of the angry squirrel who wrote me from a nearby tree feel free. Be warned though, it's too long and not a lot happens. That said, that's kind of why I go up

7ec9f7644490db29f961e12f13fb1e5a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy-o

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Oh yes. Better half recovering from chemo. Closest I get to bushcraft is whittling. Where in the NE are you? I'm near Corbridge
Not in the North East? Sunny Matlock (ok, it's chucking it down at the moment) is where you'll find me. Now wondering how I've messed up my profile :)

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Ahh I love your videos, I just feel my self relaxing as I watch them. (Bit jealous too in truth!)
You are welcome! I only wish I could do more, for my sake as much as yours! Glad someone enjoys then though, thank you.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE