Field archery have-a-go

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Over on the EMCCU part of British Blades I've been organising a have-a-go at my field archery club (near Belper, Derbyshire) on October 18th. Unfortunately I've clashed with another event so a lot of people have dropped out so I though I'd open it out to you good people on BCUK. Details can be found here.

Spamel and Bernie Garland are already down to go but I've got around 3 spaces spare, if anybody's interested just stick you name down in this topic.

This is open to people who have never tried archery and don't have any equipment as well as people who are fully kitted out and just want to wander round a woods trying to shoot pictures of animals.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I just got an early call from my Field Manager telling me I am on callout for a week commencing this Friday! :soapbox: Needless to say, I will ow not be able to come along and i am not bloomin' happy about it! He told me a few weeks ago but I hadn't realised that was the weekend of the Archery have a go, so now it's too late to get the dates changed. I had planned to drop in on Addo to see how he was after his Op and to pass a folding knife on to Bernie, but it looks like I'll have to do that another time now.

Sorry to let you down Jim, you have no idea how dissapointed I am. If you do run another one, I will definitely make it, work can go poke next time!

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Argh! Spamel. That's a load of .... (well, if I put down what I think I'd get a Bernie). Even if I don't get round to organising another official have-a-go, there's no reason why we can't get you up the woods sometime. Maybe when Addo's knee's fixed :)

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
As requested (except apologies for the crap photo's, my camera really struggles in low light):

Everybody together:
IMGP0301.jpg

Guycep (BB), Chevin (BB), Cones (BB), Bernie Garland (BCUK), Ubermeister (BB) & James (Guy's 'plus one' ;))

Guy shooting:
IMGP0302.jpg

Bernie shooting, Guy & James looking on:
IMGP0304.jpg

James' arra:
IMGP0305.jpg

Lucky goose:
IMGP0306.jpg

(thankfully the compound shooters managed to bag it eventually)

Good 'kill' for James:
IMGP0307.jpg

Guy, ready & able:
IMGP0313.jpg

and James:
IMGP0316.jpg

Very long shot (50 - 60 yards):
IMGP0318.jpg

Score:
Arrows lost: Guy, 2; James, 1 (I think)
Arrows broken: Me, 1; James: LOADS!

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
For anybody who fancies this, Cherrie (the Black Arrow FAC Club Secretary has posted the following over on BB:

Hello I am Cherrie, Secretary Black Arrow FAC

Just want to say thank you for coming to visit us, and thanks to Jim for organising it

It was a pleasure meeting you all, unfortunately things didn't go quite to plan on the day, and as Jim said you got split up It was really only Anthony and Adam I managed to get to chat to.

If any of you would like to come again you will be very welcome, likewise any of you that couldn't get to this one, just let Jim know what dates would suit (preferably Saturday's) you can come in one's and two's if you like, if there is quite a few of you we will get something arranged

Thanks again and hope to see you again

This also goes for any BCUK peeps who fancy giving field archery a try and can get to the Belper area.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE