Fibre Pile clothing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

happybonzo

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2005
Nr Emsworth, Hants
Does anyone know of a company selling Fibre Pile clothing at sensible money? I want a Fibre Pile jacket because they are "warm" as soon as you put one on. I do not want yet another c**p fleece.
Helly Hansen do them but they're £99 or there abouts - and that's too much for me

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Hi! The pile fibre jackets are one of the staplewares of swedish work wear, the usually cost from 249 SEK (roughly £20, wow the pound is really low now). Maybe british workwear companies have something similar?

Otherwise you could check out www.fristads.com under winter-jackets/parkas, or this link. I think blåkläder (www.blaklader.com) and several others have the same.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Happybonzo
Im guessing your after a HH field jacket the old forces favourite, £99 does seem a lot however. I bought one from www.silvermans.co.uk for £70 I have seen them a little bit cheaper but I was happy to use silvermans having used them before.
www.endicotts.co.uk sell a swedish issued version, not sure how much this is but should be good value judging by the good feedback endicotts are getting on this site.
If you want a pertex outer like on the Buffalo range you do pay £100 but theres often a few on e-bay at a good price.
Ed

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
www.endicotts.co.uk sell a swedish issued version, not sure how much this is but should be good value judging by the good feedback endicotts are getting on this site.

The ones Endicotts were selling were dutch issue - made by Helly Hansen, but in an 80% wool mix - I bought 2 - They're quite long in the body, and the first one I bought used to hang out the bottom of my waterproof so i bought a slightly shorter one - I've worn it around fires with no problems due to the wool. IIRC they were about £25-30 for a grade 1 jacket

btw, no connection, except as a happy customer :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I spoke to Endicotts a few weeks ago, they don't have the Helly ones left, just the newer 'other' brand. Same make up of materials but not as soft. Shorter, thicker and with a harder outer surface though, worth a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE