Few pics from recent trips.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

Not posted much in the way of trip pics in a long while so thought it about time. Life has been pretty hectic this year so not had much chance to get out besides a quick trip to my local haunt. Anyways, for your viewing :)

A view from my pit. Two diagonal tarps for two hammock camps pitched together is a handy space for wet weather.

20150926_185513_zpsjbbjndam.jpg

Tarps left half down until the weather hits to allow the sun in.

20150926_130627_zpssoeam638.jpg

Lunch

20150926_171744_zpskn1u3xhx.jpg

Great little find.

20150926_161343_zpsmwdpo21m.jpg

Why a good sheath is necessary. The stitching gave way exposing a lot of biting edge so it was out with the medi kit and patched him up after a good clean. The pink kids plaster as punishment

20150926_155553_zpsqtc4qtno.jpg

Previous trip with some whittling and cord making

20150628_102516_zpsjqyjeetn.jpg

Usual fire shot :)

20150627_213012_zpsiwjg7nfr.jpg

Kebabbles. One of my favorite woods meals as there is no washing up.

20150626_194650_zpsod0h70pb.jpg

My usual setup

20150626_133736_zpsugm7stsu.jpg

Air rifle target with a difference. Takes quite a shot at 30 yards. and dont worry its a blank ;)

20150926_142421_zpsltwn1uih.jpg

Bit different this one. Drone pic :) The camera isnt the best as its primary function is a stability sensor but its a giggle. Just be sure to catch it when you clip it of a branch and it drops like a stone towards the fire!!!!!!

Rolling_Spider_2015-09-26T1523110000__zpssgqkvfnh.jpg

Rolling_Spider_2015-09-26T1523230000__zpsn6jymwuq.jpg

Cheers all,

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Really enjoyed that Dwardo,
Really good pictures and some nice setups and crafts. The kebabbles look tasty to, makes a really nice picture that.
The drone pics remind me of some footage I saw after the Gulf War, folk looking up as hardwear came down.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Great piccies :D

That is pretty much the setup me and my lad use when we're out together... sleep at at an angle in the hammocks and crossover the tarps to make a sitting area underneath... it works out just as it does for you, plenty of space under the tarps to do what you want without being exposed to the weather. Only difference with our setup, we build a fire in a cheap bbq that sits off the ground.

Like the idea with the rat target... may have to steal that :) (the idea, not the target)

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Like the use of the tree stump as a place to sit and work on, probably a good workbench too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice looking camp, and woodland. Looks like a good time.

Its a nice place. More ejits wondering up there recently and making a mess but that comes in waves and less so the colder its gets. Despite being private property. Was a nice time albeit a short one. Didnt help the missus took my car keys to work! But hey it was most of a day which is rare lately.

Nice write up and pics, your usual set up pics, what hammock and mozzie net set up is that ?

Its a group buy TW hammock and mozzy net from an age ago. DD tarp, snugpack bag and underblanket made by welchy from here although i dont think it was on in that shot. Tree huggers and whoopie slings which are excellent for fine adjustment. Same kit for probably the past 7 or 8 years but it works :)

Really enjoyed that Dwardo,
Really good pictures and some nice setups and crafts. The kebabbles look tasty to, makes a really nice picture that.
The drone pics remind me of some footage I saw after the Gulf War, folk looking up as hardwear came down.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

The drone is a giggle yeah but would be nice to have a decent camera on one and get it up above the canopy. Keebabs are ace and in spring add pitta bread warmed on a hot rock and ramson bulbs added to yogurt for a garlicky dressing. Winner.

Great piccies :D

That is pretty much the setup me and my lad use when we're out together... sleep at at an angle in the hammocks and crossover the tarps to make a sitting area underneath... it works out just as it does for you, plenty of space under the tarps to do what you want without being exposed to the weather. Only difference with our setup, we build a fire in a cheap bbq that sits off the ground.

Like the idea with the rat target... may have to steal that :) (the idea, not the target)

Yeah the setup works well when there is only two of you sharing a space. The target was made by a friend and has metal plinkers on the back. He just so happened to use a hole that perfectly takes a 12 shell. Makes a nice pop when you get center. Blanks only for obvious reasons :)

Like the use of the tree stump as a place to sit and work on, probably a good workbench too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah works well. Just check it for u nails.... or its a lot of time on the stones :(

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Yeah the setup works well when there is only two of you sharing a space. The target was made by a friend and has metal plinkers on the back. He just so happened to use a hole that perfectly takes a 12 shell. Makes a nice pop when you get center. Blanks only for obvious reasons :)

We use the standard targets in the garden, pinned to a log. Take it as a challenge to knock out the pins which makes a nice crack sound when you hit it.

Saying that, we're not shooting from 30 yards... I think the furthest so far is 20 yards... be interesting to see if we could be as accurate with the extra 10 yards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE