Ferro rod: Accessory

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bear Stone

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2004
Birmingham UK
Don't worry about me or patents. If you can go from the toilet to a fire starter you must be pretty bright. Don't just spin up a couple on your CNC, spin up a couple of thousand and get them out to people who can really benifit from your expertees.
As a design engineer you will have all the right connections to make it happen. You never know, your unique tool could just make the difference for some one when it really counts - and that counts for a lot. Let me be the first to wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours.

Bear

Bear Stone said:
Don't worry about me or patents. If you can go from the toilet to a fire starter you must be pretty bright. Don't just spin up a couple on your CNC, spin up a couple of thousand and get them out to people who can really benifit from your expertees.
As a design engineer you will have all the right connections to make it happen. You never know, your unique tool could just make the difference for some one when it really counts - and that counts for a lot. Let me be the first to wish you all the best of luck in your endeavours.

Bear

Hey A quick throry on a design as in my earlier post does not a working usable item make :-?

I put a quick concept together without starting to solve (or even discover) any problems or flaws this is how most designs start out before the hard work begins
Im sure you have been thinking about this for a long time and have probably covered a fair few problems plus you Have a users insight and the drive of a person with there own idea etc these can be far more important than a job description in the 1st phazes of any creation.

I wouldnt stop or abandon anything you have started or thought about and if you want any help then give me a shout if you thing its usfull

ATB

Duncan

PS Bear Stone Fire starter sounds better any way :p

Bear Stone

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2004
Birmingham UK
Your right about the problems - I had no idea of the challenges presented when entering into something like this. I have to keep evolving my ideas.
Thanks for the offer of help - I might just take you up on it.

Bear

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE