Felling expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
So as seen here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50464 we set of at day break (ish) yesterday morning, for reasons which will reveal themselves later no pics. We trogged the 16miles and were there around half ten, while unpacking kit i found my little bum bag was still at home :( :O This contained my knife, Camera, phone but most importantly the lemon sherberts :( So we set up camp (a Wild country two man job) and set too work. By sun set we had probably cleared abouta third of the sapplings. And set down to a nice dinner of Pasta and corned beef sauce :) yummy. We were asleep by 8 o clock and up before the sun cooking sausages and oat cake/bread on the fire before more logging till around 3, when we set off home (maybe a bit late hmmm). I used my SFA for all the chopping, Ive had it for around 5 years now and wouldnt swap it, it doesnt have the GBA logo on the haft, its also nearly black, as it was nigh on buried in a peat bog (long story). I now own two SFA's, and Jamie used the other, newer, one and is going to order himself one soon he was so impressed, and from a man who wouldnt spend more than a fiver on a chopper before i think thats really saying something! The timber is now stacked in neatish piles on the moor ready for collection when we get use of a helicopter (or the gaffer gets off he crazy ideas machine and tells me to lug it down) All in all a cracking little jolly, and the added bonus is that said gaffer thinks it wastes less time, so it means we may start stalking from a "base camp" up in the hills as it will save walking up and down every day, YAY!!!!

Cheers

Sam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE