Feedback for Quilts. Please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Cheers for that Glen. That is what I anmlooking for . Regarding the wings. I enquired about having them without insulation, but there was no reduction in cost. So I thought it better to keep them on. As regards the foot bucket, I to thought after using mine a time or two that it could do with being say.6" deeper. What does anyone else think?

An extra few inches would help, possibly with a shock cord ( and adjustment lock to the side ) along the top edge of it.

No reduction in price but a small reduction in pack size and weight, though transposing them to the bottom and top of the foot bucket would give close insulation around ankles and back of knees, possibly making it even more warm and comfy in the process.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Woke up at 5am on Saturday morning at Middlewood with cold feet. I'd managed to pull them out of the foot bucket and they were uncovered when I straightened my legs.
So, another vote for a bit more length in that area.

The quilt is a really appreciated bit of kit, especially after a weekend when I forgot to take it with me.

Cheers Ian
Stu

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well I know it wont help those of you with Quilts but from now on the footbucket will be 6" deeper. this is due to FEEDBACK. Thank you.
For those of you with quilts already. This could be a suggestion. I have taken mine to a seamstress and asked her to unpick the stitching and fold another 6" up and resew. Will let you all know the results.

There was someone with either a quilt or an underblanket who said that one of the buckles on the stufsak had snapped. If they PM me I will tell them what to do.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Ian, ive not actualy seen these quilts yet. At Middlewood I used my sleeping bag and one of your underblankets and only woke feeling a bit cold on one occasion over the weekend. Can the quilt really give the same performance as this???

Any chance of a piccy (or link to piccy)??
Cheers mate.
Stu

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Cheers Ian. Whats the minimum temp they are good for. Middlewood (on the Sat morning) got down to -1 in the car-park; so it was probably 1 or 2 degrees in the woods. Its just that I understand they are about £60 and Im not working, so it must be able to cope in really cold temps (whith the underblanket of course).

Can you PM me with where to get hold of one (maybe 2).

Cheers Ian.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE