Feather

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
After making a good start on a new Willow bowl today, i grabbed the Carving Jack and started random whittling on a piece of scrap wood, then i remembered an article i had read not that long ago about making wooden feathers from junk wood, so i reached behind me and pulled the burn bin forward, then after a quick rummage, i found a perfect looking piece of Ash.

A short while later, i had carved myself a wooden feather, to my mind, it doesn't matter that the feather is twisted and has bits missing, think about it, how many feathers, other than those just dropped, do you find that are in perfect condition?, not many.

DSCN8457a.jpg

Once i was happy with the overall look and feel of the feather, i located a piece of thick Birch bark and made a stand for it sit on.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheer guys, might make some more today for eldest to sell on his Help For Heroes stand, will have some on bases and some hanging from a thread so they spin in the wind i think

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I'M BACK!!!
Beautiful work there Kep!

Looking forward to Next weeks Bimble, bring it with you!

RM

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Not bad ! :rolleyes: as to bimble day I have a little eucalyptus for you boys to try out.
Welcome back Rocky mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE