Fantastic flint strikers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calgarychef

Forager
May 19, 2011
woking
This might get long.....

well I've finally gotten settled in back in Canada after living in the UK for 2 1/2 years. While in the UK I really enjoyed coming into this site and learning a bit about bushcraft the way you fellers do it.

I'm a member of the "alberta traditional bowhunters association" and we have a shoot every year where a hundred or so of us get together for some archery fun. Well we like to give the members a gift and I thought it would be fun to offer a nice strike a lite with some English flint. I contacted Andy (everything Mac) on here as he was doing some blacksmith work, if I remember correctly I first traded some flint to him for one of his strikes. Andy agreed to make over 70 strikes for our organisation and to make them in the shape of arrowheads! Now for those who don't know Andy works on an oil rig offshore and doesn't have much time on his hands but he pulled it off and made the strikes just in time for me to carry them home in my suitcase back here to Canada.

So here's my public shout out to Andy! Andy the strikes are a nice job, they make a nice hot shower of sparks and some of our members were very appreciative. I appreciate the effort you went through to help me out and I really appreciate carrying your strike with me in Canada.

We were out rabbit hunting about three weeks ago and we stopped to have a fire and some hot dogs. I used your strike with some tinder fungus and even though we didn't have tinder we managed a fire by using small twigs and rolling them into a piece of bark to make a tunnel to blow into. It took awhile but we did it.

If anyone deals with Andy they can be sure that he will go above and beyond.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE