family tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
hi my first post on here

do any of you people know where i could get a good family tent from which is easy to set up and has quite a bit of room for moving around in during bad weather theres only 3 of us
cheesr peeps

ps hello

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Check out Ultimate Outdoors for some fair prices.

http://www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk/Camping/Tents/Valley+tents/688/page1.html

As summer is well and truly over lots of shops may have swapped their tent displays for snowboards but there may be still be some bargains about. I bought a Robens Dreamer for £65 last month from Go Outdoors in Stockport which is less than 1/2 the rrp.

If you're after a really big family tent I'd recommend finding a local shop when you can try to put it up and take it down again. A few years ago I went camping
where someone had a really big tent. I was pretty windy and when it came to leaving it took about a dozen of us jumping on it to stop it blowing away as it was taken down.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
walker said:
hi my first post on here

do any of you people know where i could get a good family tent from which is easy to set up and has quite a bit of room for moving around in during bad weather theres only 3 of us
cheesr peeps

ps hello

I'd strongly recommend a one-pole tipi. They have loads of room are great in bad weather you can stand in them and you can light a fire.
There have been a lot of threads on tipis recently - just do a search.

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Hi Walker.
I'd been after a large (party :D ) tent for a couple of years and finally chose the Outwell Indiana 4. It is fantastic, I have put it up on my own a few times, and it takes about 1/2 an hour I guess but far easier & quicker if you have help. The best thing is when its blowing a hooley outside you have room to move round, cook and joy of joy - stand up!!! (must be getting old...!) This summer it has withstood some almighty storms, Outwell are renowned for using 'too much' waterproofing :umbrella:
It has either 2 double or one huge bedroom, or the sleeping pods can be removed and you have a mini marquee. :D Oh, and a porch....!
The Montana was the predessor of the Indiana so you will get a similar size for less pennies, but the living area has a built in groundsheet (which I would have trashed).
Anyway, I'll stop now... Dont want to be a bore...this is my pet subject - can you tell??! :eek:

ATB
j

ps - welcome aboard!!

JDWilts

Aug 6, 2004
South West
Hi Walker and welcome. What are you going to use the tent for and/or how often? Also how old/big is your third? What are you going to be carrying it in/on (Lama, Land Rover or somewhere inbetween?) And finally what is your budget?

There are a thousand different options available to you. . . . .With a little more info someone will give you a closer match.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE