falls of the clyde

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
well i had the weekend of , so friday was bevvy night , saturday was recovery day andworking out what to do on sunday , i had planned just to fling the rucksack on my back around 6am and head down the clyde side on my lonesome , however the wife and daughter had other ideas ,so i left the rucksack and jumped into the saab with my 2 loved ones and headed for new lanark did i mention they like to take pictures :)
so , paked the car and headed into the reserve , i like to walk or yomp as the wife calls it so while waiting on them taking pics it gave me some time to look around , first up the foraging :)
blueberries to start with and some nice young dandylion leaves also found some young wild strawberries to munch on
birdwatching
lots of the little kind from wrens to wagtails but the highlight for us all were two perrigine falcons , which after a flyby decided to settle on a tree accross the vally from us :) i also found some of the trees they like to eat thier prey on , piles of feathers a real giveaway .
mushrooms
a few kinds i found were
slippery jack
birch polypore
very small horseshoe fungus
stinkhorn
chicken of the woods
it was.t exactly what i had in mind to do , but most enjoyable all the same , when the wife sorts the pics out i'll post some up
alan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's beautiful up there :D I used to walk there with the boys through Corehouse to visit Cora and Bonnington Linns. When the Hydro lets the river flow over them the ground shudders with the rush of the waters.
There's a lot of ancient woodland in that area too, especially in the gills and along the river sides.

Looking forward to the photos.

cheers,
Toddy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I was fortunate to have been born in Lanark completely surrounded by countryside I spent many a happy boyhood summer swimming or exploring either the clyde or the moose

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
ok heres some pics ,
DSCF3376.jpg

DSCF33901.jpg

alanssaab

Mar 16, 2008
wishaw
and a few more
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/alanssaab/DSCF3428.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/alanssaab/DSCF3297.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE