fallkniven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi guys!

I was at a Gun Show yesterday and made a rash purchase of a fallkniven modell NL5 Idun . Paid about $240 for it. For me its an upgrade after plying my trade with a $40 Buck knife.

Did i get a decent knife, i know its a bit late now but like i said, rash purchase. i like it, it looks very nice.

Can i get a left handed sheath for it ? (something i could never find for the buck 119).

thanks in advance!

leon-1

Ruckus said:
Hi guys!

I was at a Gun Show yesterday and made a rash purchase of a fallkniven modell NL5 Idun . Paid about $240 for it. For me its an upgrade after plying my trade with a $40 Buck knife.

Did i get a decent knife, i know its a bit late now but like i said, rash purchase. i like it, it looks very nice.

Can i get a left handed sheath for it ? (something i could never find for the buck 119).

thanks in advance!

It's a very nice knife, as far as a left handed sheath is concerned I don't know if Fallkniven might sell one, but there are plenty of leather workers both here and British Blades who could probably make you one (if you have a browse about you'll probably find one of your countrymen that'll make one for you thus avoiding shipping and customs).:)

As with Wayland I wish you many happy years with your new purchase.:)

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Hi Ruckus, Thats a good looking knife.As others have already said, the Fallkniven range has a good reputation so it should serve you well. Having looked at the picture on the link I know that if I ever come across the Damuscus version for the sort of money that you've just spent I'll be putting my hand in my pocket as fast as I can!

I could easily make you a left handed sheath for your knife, but it's difficult to get a good fit without having the knife to work from. You might be better off trying to get someone on your side of the pond to do it for you if Fallkniven don't market one. You could do a lot worse than check out the work of the guys who post on the leatherwork section of www.knifeforums.com.

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
Ruckus said:

It's a very nice knife by the looks of it. Fallkniven knives have a good reputation, don't worry you did get a very decent knife. The price you paid isn't bad either!

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hi Ruckus,

I bought an NL5 Idun just before Christmas and am pleased with it. I've found it takes a bit of concentration to sharpen because of the convex blade, but that's probably because I'm used to bevelled blades and havn't had much experience sharpening these blades. It's a solid knife and great for heavy work such as battoning and splitting etc. Great sparks from the firesteel off the back of the knife too.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I now have mixed fellings about Fallkniven kit
My basic f1 is fine but it's a tight fit to get it in the sheath so it has cut the leather in places (it's a closed pouch sheath so no need to be tight). My mates sheath is much better
I've seen a micarta F1 which costs a lot and the fit of the scales was worse then the some £8 knives I've regected. I don't know just how common that is
The sheaths for the stacked leather knives look like they were tanned using tango. The Tor (which is in Guys keeping) has a sheath which is ill fitting as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE