Fallkniven F1 in Desert Ironwood

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Not the best pictures - fading light yesterday and the wife left my better camera at a friends house. :rolleyes:

Lovely dark Desert Ironwood, almost black in places. A few swirls of lighter colours going on.

Some mosaic pins (wasn't sure if I would like them but I think they work well with the simple handle), red liners and some nice curves.

Will try for some better pictures later!!

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Ooooooooooow

Like that. The Desert Ironwood looks stunning and I agree the pins look good. I must get some pins and try a knife with them myself. Great inspiration ;)

Thanks for sharing

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Great looking handle on a great blade. The standard F1 has such a rotten handle, that one looks way better. Is the wood stabilized or do you not have to bother with such dense wood?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Great looking handle on a great blade. The standard F1 has such a rotten handle, that one looks way better. Is the wood stabilized or do you not have to bother with such dense wood?

The wood isn't chemically stabilised. As you say, its a dense wood! It wouldn't take any real amount of the stabilising agent in so would be a fruitless exercise. Of course, that means it doesn't need stabilising either. :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
That looks great. The pins finish it off nicely. Desert Ironwood is hard to beat, especially the Arizona stuff. I don't envy anyone working it without power tools though.
I have collected a good amount of the Arizona stuff now, but the lack of a decent sander makes it difficult to work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE