fake north face site??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Doesnt look as quite as polished a site as you would expect does it?

Then again , I've seen worse.

On the ABOUT US section

About NorthFaceSaleOutLet:
The company was established in 1998 as an import & export company which is offering the NorthFaceJackets with affordable prices. The parent company is in Unite Kingdom,and it has three subsidiaries in United states, HongKong and Japan. Partnering with esteemed distributors and trading facilitators across the globe - We've expanded our range of products and span of service to meet the needs of all national and international customers.
For many years we have been following our mission statement to make your shopping experience as convenient and rewarding as possible, and thousands of satisfied customers are proof of our success.​
Our mission is simple:
  • <LI class=STYLE3>deliver to your door for free shipping <LI class=STYLE3>offer extensive ranges for top name brands <LI class=STYLE3>offer an outstanding level of customer service
  • make your shopping experience as convenient and rewarding as possible

I think you should give NORTH FACE a ring soonest and find out if they are legit.

Contact details here http://www.thenorthface.com/webapp/...ent=/corporate/about_us/contact_us/contact_us

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
i contacted north face tonight by there chat room they were not interested..so i said i was just passing on info that this site might not be legit and there customers may be buying from there!! shogun

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The FAQ section mentions that tracking numbers can take a while to show on their system, and that some emails are not responded to within 3 days, the Reviews section also mentions communication issues.

They do state that their stock are genuine North Face products (or fabrics... whatever that may mean!) however, some of their terminology may give an 'otherwise' impression!

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I'm betting the site is fake and the product will be knock off stuff out of Shenzhen or Guangdong in the PRC.

There is a market on the HKSAR / PRC border in Shenzhen called Lo Wu its absolutely stuffed with Knock of TNF kit. TBH some of it is not too bad and occasionally they have some original TNF kit mixed in with the rip offs, the stuff is on open display and TNF dont seem to really mind their brand being represented like this. Mind you the market is also stuffed to the gunnels with knock offs of pretty much every high end clothing brand under the sun..

If the Jackets you've ordered are Supposed to be Goretex then in reality they will not be.

Duvet jackets are ok generally In my experience. The Soft Shell jackets are really good also.

I've been in Lo Wu a heap of times and it's good fun the vendors have a book of photos of kit the you flick through so you can pick pretty much anything... The prices start at the western going rate and then drop steeply as you haggle. Actually that bit takes a lot of time so buying a knock of jacket can take upto 30-40 minutes with haggling and faffing around then checking what they've put in the bag is ok etc etc.

TNF is the favourite knock off outdoor brand..

It seems the cheeky fellows running this website are trying to get Western market value for the product...

There is another Market in Shenzhen that sells original kit at knock down rates they have a whole bevy of brands mainly high end US stuff like Marmot but I did find some Snugpak Seekers and some Sprayway stuff once..

Hope this in some way helps.....

N

nbroadsman

If it is any help - A whois lookup for the domain name shows:

Domain Name: northfacesaleoutlet.com

Registrar: BEIJING INNOVATIVE LINKAGE TECHNOLOGY LTD. DBA DNS.COM.CN
Whois Server: whois.dns.com.cn
Referral URL: http://www.dns.com.cn

Expiration Date: 2010-10-21
Creation Date: 2009-10-21
Last Update Date: 2009-10-21

WHOIS information for northfacesaleoutlet.com :

[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.dns.com.cn]
[Querying whois.dns.com.cn]
[whois.dns.com.cn]

Domain Name.......... northfacesaleoutlet.com
Creation Date........ 2009-10-21 16:51:28
Registration Date.... 2009-10-21 16:51:28
Expiry Date.......... 2010-10-21 16:51:28
Organisation Name.... tina
Organisation Address. ningxiayinchuang
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Yinchuan
Organisation Address. 786754
Organisation Address. NX
Organisation Address. CN

Admin Name........... shenhui
Admin Address........ ningxiayinchuang
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Yinchuan
Admin Address........ 786754
Admin Address........ NX
Admin Address........ CN
Admin Email.......... fhsedh@163.com
Admin Phone.......... +86.951675453432
Admin Fax............ +86.951675453432

Tech Name............ shenhui
Tech Address......... ningxiayinchuang
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Yinchuan
Tech Address......... 786754
Tech Address......... NX
Tech Address......... CN
Tech Email........... fhsedh@163.com
Tech Phone........... +86.951675453432
Tech Fax............. +86.951675453432

Bill Name............ shenhui
Bill Address......... ningxiayinchuang
Bill Address.........
Bill Address......... Yinchuan
Bill Address......... 786754
Bill Address......... NX
Bill Address......... CN
Bill Email........... fhsedh@163.com
Bill Phone........... +86.951675453432
Bill Fax............. +86.951675453432
Name Server.......... ns2.dnspood.net
Name Server.......... ns1.dnspood.net

Regards,

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT bought a NF goretex jacket with a zip out fleece from either this company or it's clone, on ebay a couple of months ago.
Delivered within a week and including postage was just under £30.
Didn't expect much for that, but tbh the fleece is worth the money on it's own, and apart from a seam on the forearm that leaked in heavy rain the jacket has been fine too.
I'm going to open up the lining and use some iron on waterproof taping on the sleeve seam, but I'm fussy that way. Otherwise the quality of the machine stitching is excellent.

We certainly didn't think we'd been ripped off.
North Face might though :rolleyes:
Even the labels were right.
I couldn't buy the fabric and all the zips, etc., for the price he paid for the set.

Hope yours turns up promptly.

cheers,
Toddy

Oct 5, 2009
Romania
http://www.northfacesaleoutlet.com/contact_us.html
No Address, no Phone, no Company Name (Registered) - I never buy without this.

Later Edit
The picture "Certified by" (below first page) are only picture - no link there.
Be careful with credit card (if you have given card number, etc. < The card can be used on the internet if they saw these data> ). I use only paypal if the Site is not very known.

Cheers

Last edited:

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. Had plenty of North Face kit from Shenzhen and Beijing. One jacket was actually made from goretex, but the seams were unsealed; the others were random assortments of parts. I got a couple of really good down sleeping bags, probably stolen from the production line but with fake logos sewn on, and a 'First Down' jacket that is still brilliant 10 years later, but I'd never buy any of this stuff without seeing it first.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Looks dodgy to me. Operated from China, very cheap prices, links at the bottom showing Trust Guard affiliation don't link and a search on http://www.trust-guard.com/ says they're not a customer.

At best it's knockoffs but likely just a scam I'm afraid.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Very dodgy site. Welcome to my shop means it's a one man band.
Prices are too cheap.
I nave a North Face Celestial peak jacket and over trousers, it took at least 15 years for the rain to start penetrating through the seams.
They still look good but are now going in the boot of the car for emergency use only, had them app 20 years.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
yeah i agree prices are too cheap..my wife thought she was doing good getting these jackets cheap soon as i seen the site & free delivery from hong kong..lol...thank good she dosent drive...pmsl...but all jokes aside she spent 160 bucks on this ****e...also just found out on another forum we might not even get anything delivered...100% rip off...thanx for all the help lads...atb shogun

Last edited:

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
:present:Give it chance mate u never know , the post is slow with the christmas delivery's .. it could be the deal of the year , i'll be watching this one with interest ..:goodluck::goodluck:

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
:present:Give it chance mate u never know , the post is slow with the christmas delivery's .. it could be the deal of the year , i'll be watching this one with interest ..:goodluck::goodluck:

hi m8 i have heard from another site with a lot of members didnt even get anthing back for the money they sent so i wont hold my breath...shogun

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
alright everyone just an update on whats happening with the jackets well we got a jacket delivered its the wrong jacket wrong size and wrong colour..when i emailed them they said..sorry its the wrong jacket but too post back too them i would have too pay a lot on postage..and it would be better for me too keep it and sell it on..and if i was too order the jacket i wanted in the first place they would give me a discount...lol...as you can see from the pic the jacket they sent aint black....atb shogun
IMG_2862.jpg

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
HWMBLT bought a NF goretex jacket with a zip out fleece from either this company or it's clone, on ebay a couple of months ago.
Delivered within a week and including postage was just under £30.
Didn't expect much for that, but tbh the fleece is worth the money on it's own, and apart from a seam on the forearm that leaked in heavy rain the jacket has been fine too.
I'm going to open up the lining and use some iron on waterproof taping on the sleeve seam, but I'm fussy that way. Otherwise the quality of the machine stitching is excellent.

We certainly didn't think we'd been ripped off.

Perhaps not, but have you taken the time to consider the long term effects of your supporting the counterfeit goods industry?

> By providing demand you are encouraging further production, profit and hence further investment in the production of counterfeit brands

> The subsequent flooding of the market with counterfeit product means the customer loses confidence in the "quality guarantee" that comes with established brands.

> This means the customer is less likely to support the quality brands, on the basis that "it's probably fake anyway".... (This especially true for internet shopping).

> End result that the brand value is substantially diminished, or even dies (look at the image that Tommy Hilfiger now has in the UK, after your Sunday Markets were flooded with fake product).

> Finally there is the ethical side of things. Many top line brands might still be produced in Low Cost Countries (e.g. China), but at the same time they will audit their suppliers to ensure minimum ethical standards are met, as regards wages, breaks, working hours and the use of child labour. You fake manufacturer has no such requirements.

There has been much talk recently about how the "quality" brands aren't what they used to be. I'm beginning to think folk just don't deserve "quality brands", by virtue of their lack of resepct for them and their future credibility and survival.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE