Fairbairn Sykes recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
evening all,

I am only able to afford a modern copy but which are the best? Hennies? or maybe some other seller.

looking for a 'genuine' good quality replica.

if anyone has one they wish to pass on I would be interested to hear

thanks in advance

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
There is a guy here in New Zealand who makes modern, Woking examples of them, sharp, tough, but look like the originals and you can get various different sheaths too.
Peter Parkinson does the(hand) polishing and Brent Sandow does the grinding
Nzknives.co.nz, I have a couple of Sandow other style knives and they are very good.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
hand made custom jobbie seems a little out of budget, I've seen the other site.

was hoping to find someone who may have bought from there or Hennies and who could give an honest opinion on quality

cheers so far

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Try Gunstar, there are some original ones on there for about £125, not sure whether this is above your budget

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have one at home (a modern replica) but can't remember who made it. I'll try to have a look when I get home and get back to you later.

abilou

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2010
maidstone
Roger Harrington made me one with an original 1st pattern blade. Not quite as expensive as the McDonald armouries option however the Sheffield knives options look ok. Really does depend on how much you want to spend. Holts auctions are ok butt beware of fakes.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere

Muskett

Forager
Mar 8, 2016
East Sussex
I have a Nowill one with Crow's foot. Make good letter openers, and thats about it.
They were issued to troops in WWII as "Survival Knives", but in truth GB was in survival mode and they were cheap to make. Moral booster.
Thousands were dropped to resistance groups, and the fear factor was worth the resources even if the realities were more realistic. Axis troops weren't happy about them at all to the point may sentry duties were doubled up such was the unease they inspired.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
They were never intended as anything other than a dagger, a dagger is not a bushcraft knife, it has only one job to do, and that is to penetrate and quickly, it is a fighting weapon not a tool.

Reactions: MrEd

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
They were never intended as anything other than a dagger, a dagger is not a bushcraft knife, it has only one job to do, and that is to penetrate and quickly, it is a fighting weapon not a tool.

As it is an all-metal construction, you can fix it to the end of a fresh stick, and skewer your meat then cook over the hot coals.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE