Failed first camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 12, 2010
Wigan
Well done mate for giving it a go like the rest have all said its never a failure.!

But when it all comes together and you start spending nights under a tarp you'll get such a thrill.!

I myself love to wake up with snow all round getting a fire going and a coffee on the go.

If you ever get to the north west of England give me a shout and i'd be happy to take you on a rough camp

Ian

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
I am a total newbie too, planning to go out for the first time in a couple of weeks (got to tie up with wife being off work on a weekend so I can take my 7yr old) I just try to keep learning all the stuff I might need/ get prepared. At least you've got one up on me, you have already been out.

Remember a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step

Hope it works out better next time - Steve

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
next time will be better mate, you learn from the mistakes you make. Like next time you know not to pitch up on wet/boggy ground.

Try checking the weather forecast before you go, it wont always be spot on but it will give you a general idea of the weather to come. Takw waterproofs so you dont get soaked through whilst you pitch up, and take a stove so you can have a hot meal and a brew if you cant get a fire going.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I like to think of the sniper mantra when setting up camp. "Location, Location, Location."
otherwise i reckon you've got alot of positive things to take away from your first camp and i bet your next one will be comfortable and fun ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE