Facebook Friend Invitation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I'm no longer on Facebook, I got tired of notifications about what people were eating, which landmarks they'd driven past and what music they were listening to whilst doing the shopping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm no longer on Facebook, I got tired of notifications about what people were eating, which landmarks they'd driven past and what music they were listening to whilst doing the shopping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Me too. But rather than leaving FB, I just "unfollow" those people.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Facebook is a useful tool; I've 'real' friends in Canada, USA, NZ and Australia and Facebook is a nice way or sharing photo's and gossip, generally keeping up to date with them. My internet/phone deal means I can pick up a phone and speak in real time 'free' internationally but some nights there are 2,3,4 or 5 of us messaging each other in real time...thats nice :)

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Yep I'm with red, I had a acount years ago when it first came out but havnt used it for anything,
from what iv seen it's just gossip, people craving attention and hanging there dirty washing out!
but each to there own

Sounds like the problem is not facebook, more like the friends you've added.

Personally living in Greece and having family back in the UK and friends around the world i find facebook really useful.
But then i only add family or really close friends, that way it's people i care about so IF they posted mundane stuff it'd make me feel a bit closer to them.
My Niece back in the UK visited the Harry Potter exhibition in London today and had Strawberries and melon for tea when she got back home.
Mundane maybe, still felt a little closer to her knowing that though.

In theory i could add a email group and email pics etc, but in practice folks don't tend to do that, plus it bungs up my email account, plus it's kinda nice interacting everyone over say a posted pic.

I think if folks use it like school kids by adding as many friends as they can, it tends to be a bit of a cry out for attention.
If you only add close friends and loved ones then why wouldn't you care about EVERYTHING they do?

Had many friends from work try to add me as a friend, but i simply explained i use it for family and close friend use only.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Freinds? If I wasn't on facebook, I wouldn't have any! :D And they all think I'm mad for being on a forum like this, going swinging in the woods occasionally with blokes I don't know. It takes all sorts eh ;)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Sounds like the problem is not facebook, more like the friends you've added.

Personally living in Greece and having family back in the UK and friends around the world i find facebook really useful.
But then i only add family or really close friends, that way it's people i care about so IF they posted mundane stuff it'd make me feel a bit closer to them.
My Niece back in the UK visited the Harry Potter exhibition in London today and had Strawberries and melon for tea when she got back home.
Mundane maybe, still felt a little closer to her knowing that though.

In theory i could add a email group and email pics etc, but in practice folks don't tend to do that, plus it bungs up my email account, plus it's kinda nice interacting everyone over say a posted pic.

I think if folks use it like school kids by adding as many friends as they can, it tends to be a bit of a cry out for attention.
If you only add close friends and loved ones then why wouldn't you care about EVERYTHING they do?

Had many friends from work try to add me as a friend, but i simply explained i use it for family and close friend use only.

I see All my close friends and family all the time so don't need Facebook, like I said I joined early on but never used it but from what iv seen and heard from others is it's mainly stuff that wouldn't interest me in the slightest, I barely find spare time for internet browsing and the time I have I prefair to spend it here with like minded kind fold,

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I see All my close friends and family all the time so don't need Facebook....

Cool. My family's scattered from here in Florida all the way to Wyoming (about 200 miles) About a hundred of us (and that's only out to the second cousins level)

Friends I made in the Military are scattered around the world.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Cool. My family's scattered from here in Florida all the way to Wyoming (about 200 miles) About a hundred of us (and that's only out to the second cousins level)

Friends I made in the Military are scattered around the world.
Then it's ideal for you and I can't fault you chap for using it :)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
One of the things I've enjoyed basefook for most recently is following and chatting with dreadhead and water gypsy of this parish as they woofed (or whatever you call it!) round Norway for a year. Its not about the medium but the people :)

So, Dan the SantaMan, how do I find you on there?! I like you a lot. You're just the sort of never-met I enjoy on there, comparing lifestyles and humour :)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
One of the things I've enjoyed basefook for most recently is following and chatting with dreadhead and water gypsy of this parish as they woofed (or whatever you call it!) round Norway for a year. Its not about the medium but the people :)

So, Dan the SantaMan, how do I find you on there?! I like you a lot. You're just the sort of never-met I enjoy on there, comparing lifestyles and humour :)

PM coming.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm a man.

I'm over forty.

Why would I have a Facebook account ?

I'm a Man

I'm over forty

I have no friends or a Facebook account so I come on here to bother you people!:rolleyes:

I do occasionally SKYPE as it's a good cheap way to keep in touch with SWMBO who lives in the far east.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE