Eze Edge sharpener/ fantastic fire steel striker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I have just received an Eze Edge sharpener from Survival Depot.

http://www.survivaldepot.co.uk/The_Eze_Edge__SharpenerFire_Striker/p474753_4244389.aspx

I took a cheap fire steel bought for me some time ago, using the Eze Edge it threw sparks like never before as good as my expensive US import Firesteel. Using the import Firesteel was a revalation compared to my usual US import striker, It threw large long burning scrapings far more than any striker I have used.

I have just retired & was given a Hultafores Long Chopping Axe, I had started to work the edge with a puck to sharpen, 3 strokes either edge with the Eze Edge made it paper cutting sharp, without apparently loosing the convex edge.

I intend to drill a hole at the end of the handle through the dimple to take a split ring, I use various sizes of high strength stainless fishing split rings .

The usual disclaimer I have no connection with either product or vendor.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Tungsten carbide's great for throwing sparks :)

I've found that with mine. I was playing with a tungsten carbide paint scraper blade last week with a razor sharp edge that was quite impressive.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Tungsten carbide's great for throwing sparks :)

I've found that with mine. I was playing with a tungsten carbide paint scraper blade last week with a razor sharp edge that was quite impressive.

I agree totally.

I just went to drill the dimple in the handle of the Eze Edge, the outer is a soft cover, there is already a hole in the inner handle a hole is easily made.
For the record I had looked the product up on US websites there were a few that had tested & were impressed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE