Eydon Kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
Hi All,
I am thinking of getting the 1.5 pint version of the Eydon kettle [seem to have better reviews than kelly] with cook kit..and have three questions
1 How easy is this size to light compared to the larger size..is it worth getting a bigger size?
2 Has anyone used this type of kettle with a meths burner or gas stove and how well does it perform?
3 Is the cook kit any good in practice?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Stu

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
1. I have a KK but I tend to use little feather sticks or even broken up firelighter blocks just to get it going. I also carry a small bag of dried split pine which makes life easier. I have the smallest KK and it's simple enough to light, it only needs a small flame before you put the top on and then it soon picks up.

2. Tried mine with my Tatonka meths burner but it wasn't really up to boiling the water any time soon. The Eydons might be better though.

3. Never tried one but they've always looked too small to be of any use. They're probably easy enough to warm up a tin of something or even do a quick bacon sarnie but don't expect too much. I just treat mine as a water boiler and at that they really take some beating.

Get yourself one, you'll be glad you did :)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, i have the small kk and the 2.5 pint, i also have the pan set for the 2.5 pint and i use the pan to hold cotton wool, a lighter, and a box of life boat matches. i also store a handfull of dry chopped wood in the inside cone of the kettel just incase i want a quick brew. the only real problem i can find with the kk and kk types of water heater is they are so fast at boiling water bye the time your got the lid off your soup the waters done. if you want to cook buy a stove if you want to boil water fast get a kk. if i could only have one size it would be the 2.5 unless i wanted to fit it in my backpack. buy one it's a grate bit of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE