Expedition video camera?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
I'm considering starting to film some of my expeditions and for that I need to buy a new camera. Do any of you have any ideas what kind of cameras are good for cold weather filming, with high battery capacity as well as having a pretty good video quality? Preferably not too heavy either.

I'd like to consider all price ranges, but lower is better of course.

Thank you in advance.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I'm considering starting to film some of my expeditions and for that I need to buy a new camera. Do any of you have any ideas what kind of cameras are good for cold weather filming, with high battery capacity as well as having a pretty good video quality? Preferably not too heavy either.

I'd like to consider all price ranges, but lower is better of course.

Thank you in advance.

Gopro without a doubt, has special covers for cold weather to prevent mist etc.

My local camera shop has a whole gopro section as its one of their best sellers, they do mail order and prices are comparable to amazon, if youre interested I could pm you their number and you could talk to the sales guys about it. Only thing it doesnt have is optical zoom. Last week I saw the footage of one of the shop guys bungie jumping with the gopro strapped to his chest, awesome, full HD, very crisp. If I wanted a camcorder this would be it.

Al

torjusg

Native
Aug 10, 2005
Telemark, Norway
livingprimitively.com
Thank you for the suggestion. These cameras definitively looks like they might be an excellent choice.

I wasn't too impressed by the battery life though. I suppose I'd just have to bring a lot of batteries if I was to film every day on longer trips.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE