Expedition type & destination Poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which Expeditions do you want?

• Total voters
Hi Biggles and Locum76,

Sorry to go off thread for a minute, but you guys should check out 'Dangerous River' by R. M. Patterson about his adventures down the Nahanni - it's an inspirational read, packed with wonderful tit-bits of bushcrafty information. Sargy posted me a dog-eared copy of the book many years ago - it's a must have book shelf addition if you are into wilderness paddling!

Cheers,

Ben

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Any news on any "non-arctic" events with Woody? His team were top-notch last time, so joining in another exped with them would be excellent if possible.

Cheers.

Woody

Forager
Apologies for the delayed response, just back from Borneo. We are just confirming dates and locations Agile, Tony and I have been uber busy these past few months but we will be posting course and exped dates and locations in the very near future.

Regards

Woody.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Apologies for the delayed response, just back from Borneo. We are just confirming dates and locations Agile, Tony and I have been uber busy these past few months but we will be posting course and exped dates and locations in the very near future.

Regards

Woody.

Cheers Woody - from your newsletter it looks like you're a busy man, so we shall wait with baited breath!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I think i'd enjoy a european forest trip the most..how much would something like that cost..roughly?

Pacman99uk

Mar 9, 2011
Manchester
Would love to do the asia expeditions, would be interested in the eastern european ones also.

Out of interest do many people go on these expeditions alone? i really want to go but i know none of my friends would spend the money on going, they all prefer to drink their money away!

-Warren

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As I'm unlikely to ba able to afford it I was hesitant to even suggest it. But I think an Andes Mountain exped into Inca country.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The wife and I are looking at a trip to include a tour Machu Picchu but hotels all the way, roll on 2015 :) If younger and fitter I'd love a backpacking trip down there.

Gasparo

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2013
Cardiff
That's quite surprising,
I voted for Eastern Europe and US/Canada but I was expecting there'd be more votes for Asia... come on Eastern Europe! :D

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Expedition and tourist trip, two different animals for me.
If expedition i am more interested for Eurasia: Altay Mountains Eastern/Western Sayan Mountains , Putorana Plateau, Stanovoy Range.
For tourist trip, canoe trip interesting in Sweden, Norway two weeks in autumn.
But nothing from list.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I finally finish my 22 year sentence from the army next year and as part of a little time off for good behaviour I am looking to doing some trips once I am out and fancy free, till I get a proper job :(

I would look to eastern europe and the States and Canada and Scandinvia. I have seen a fair bit of the world and want to see more. I love europe as a whole and love Canada too and Norway and Denmark aren't bad either but I like going to there and would easily go back and see more of them.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
My ultimate are polar, tiger forest and tracking the Sahara. My grandad was in the LRDG in WW2 and I have his old field notes and diaries. Would love to follow in his proverbial footsteps. And the arctic stuff would be to prove to myself I could do it

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My ultimate are polar, tiger forest and tracking the Sahara. My grandad was in the LRDG in WW2 and I have his old field notes and diaries. Would love to follow in his proverbial footsteps. And the arctic stuff would be to prove to myself I could do it

Do you mean a forest where Tiger's live or have you been spellchecked away from Taiga?

Any chance you could scan or photograph all those notes and diaries and stick them up on the internets for posterity?

:)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Do you mean a forest where Tiger's live or have you been spellchecked away from Taiga?

Any chance you could scan or photograph all those notes and diaries and stick them up on the internets for posterity?

:)
Spell check did indeed take over, it was taiga (it also suggests twig) . I might just do that actually!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE