Expedition type & destination Poll

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which Expeditions do you want?

• Total voters

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This thread and Poll is to get feedback on where you would like us to concentrate our Expedition energy :D Please limit your choices to 3 and only post if you would really be willing to do the Expedition, this is not a commitment but a real world idea of how many would be interested. If we waste time working on Expeditions that you aren't really interested in but you just like the sound of it's going to damage the whole thing.

if you are interested in just one thing, if you're interested in lots of things then prioritise up to 3 of them that you would pay for and go on.

Any questions, suggestions or enthusiasm feel free to post in this thread.

You can see a comparable poll in the bushcraft UK Course forum

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
As usual, my aspirations never quite match up with the time I have available! I love the jungle so heading there with people off here would be a good thing.

Realistically though, I'm more likely to be able to afford the time and cash for something more local. Eastern Europe or canoeing in Scotland stand out from an entirely great looking list.

Reactions: Spirit fish

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Great list Tony

As choices are understandably limited to three...my primary choices are
Desert (North Africa), Desert Island and Asia...
However I'd be seriously interested in any other Expedition subject to cost :)

Excellent work by the way, sincere well done for your effort to make the exciting stuff more available. Thank you.

5.10leader

Difficult choice but mine would be

Jungle, desert and eastern European mountains in winter.

Whilst I have experienced the first two that was some years ago and I think all three should be great with like minded people

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
They are all sound fantastic, but when forced to choose I would go for the canoeing and Easten European options.
The top three would have to be Eastern Europe - Horseback; Canoeing - Scotland; Eastern Europe - Forest;
Hope the first one in 2010 goes well and you get the support you want for the others.

Later Days

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Wow, this really is a great list, very hard to choose from! First off, thanks for all your effort.

My top three would have to be Canoeing-Scotland,Eastern Europe-Forest and Canoeing-Canada

obviously subject to price and time of year, as im still in school :bluThinki

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
I'd be leaning more towards the desert side of the list right now. Was thinking of something in one of the 'stans (Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan etc...) to keep costs down. However, I hear Kashgar in the West of China can also be good....

Ag

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My top three are the Eastern European Expeds, all the un-tampered wilderness they have out there would be pretty unique to explore IMHO!

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Looks like cannoe trip in Scotland seems to be a good one....just wondering what time of year this would happen? I was hoping next summer as I'm at school so it would be difficult to get time off. Also, if we were to go, what level of experience would be required? could you just turn up a complete novice and off we go? And Finally, anyone have any ideas on where in Scotland we could do this?

Thanks

:D

P.S- Since this has the most responses on the poll could one of the admins please create a thread in which we can all discuss it? e.g locations, duration etc, would be greatly appreciated :puppy_dog

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Are all the planned expeditions for this year posted in this expeditions section?

The other observation i have is that the current arctic expedition the first post is very detailed what the itinerary is, what you will learn, what you will need, what you wont need, the Canadian and Scottish canoeing expedition posts have "limited" info in comparison.

I have no doubt they are outstanding value for money but i think i would not be alone in wanting to know more detail similar to the arctic thread first post.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Already planned the desert trip to Libya by M/C, and a trip to Canada in canoes is the other trip I want to do in 2010. The Nahanni River looks good.

Pete

I have a great book about trappers on the Nahanni written in 1975. It is autobiographical and written by Dick Turner. ISBN 0-919654-46-0.

It'll be well worth a read if you're considering a trip on the Nahanni River. It made me want to go there. :)

Woody

Forager
The other observation i have is that the current arctic expedition the first post is very detailed what the itinerary is, what you will learn, what you will need, what you wont need, the Canadian and Scottish canoeing expedition posts have "limited" info in comparison.

Hi Stooboy,

As the first posts state, more information will be posted soon. The Canadian Expedition has been postponed due to lack of interest and will probably run next year, the Scotland trip is still on and the additional info will be up very soon.

Regards

Woody

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE