Expedition Africa on History Channel.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Did anyone watch this the other night?

Its about four 'explorers', all strangers to each other who each have their own field of expertise, trying to follow in the footsteps of Stanley when he went to find Livingstone. Nearly 1000 miles on foot across some stunning but very unfriendly African bush.

I thought it was very 'bushcrafty'. Lots of campcraft, navigation and survival issues involved.

What did you guys think?

charadeur

Tenderfoot
May 4, 2009
USA Michigan
Could they have found four more incompatible people? It seems like they choose the people they knew would have personality clashes. It is all about the dramatic television. Putting a tiger and bear in a cage together is cruelty to animals not reality TV. I am really turned off by these manufactured reality shows.

As for it's bushcrafty element it is there but you have to be willing to set through the BS.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Like how they decided not to take into water (20+ people) on the first day of the expedition, whilst heading off in to Africa.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I read an article on Pasquale. He had facinated me ever since, so I was kind of excited to see him on the show. He's a very accomplished adventurer, but so are Benedict and Mireya. The journalist, Kevin I think, was a war correspondant, but is the only one of the group who's never been in the bush like the others.

Belargehair

Mar 3, 2009
Whites Lake
Yeah, the drama could be left out. I have found with most "reality tv" shows, that the editing for dramatic/conflict purposes is the main draw for the show. I have not seen any real bushcrafty things on there yet, except for planning ahead which they did not do.

We have been watching in on the internet, on the history channel's web site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE