Everyone OK in the storms?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just wondering how folks are with the storms.

I've lost 2 sections of fencing due to a rotten post snapping. Annoyingly one of them hit a neighbours car and has put a small dent in their boot... :( Also lost some glass out of the green house but I've got spares so that's not too bad

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Waiting for the storm to arrive in Germany. But the forecast isn't as bad as a few days ago, so I guess it's going to be a wet day with lots of wind but no or just minimal damage!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Got one oh and two three and four but not one in Dancam. Foolishly I sold my poncho which would have been ideal today.
Supposed to be at a woodland event doing bushcraft cooking so I guess the firelighting could be a challenge for the guy doing it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I think we're going to miss the worst of it up here. Just grey and wye here so far. Bit windy but nothing major.

Is it it bad I was hoping for a few downed trees to justify a huge firewood collecting session?

Hope the damage isn't too bad mesquite, and no trouble comes of the dented car!

Andy

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
It's right over the top of me now.

I made it to work across country and I travel West so I drove into it. It should be arriving over my town any time now so hopefully my house will be as I left it...

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A couple of branches down in the garden but nothing too bad. I am worried about my wood in the Chilterns though. I was there until yesterday afternoon and it was very blowy even then. I hope that not too much has come down

Biker

Just strong winds here in Normandy, France. Had a bit of rain during the night but nothing really out of the ordinary. Bit of a damp squib really, but I suppose that should be a good thing, just a bit frustrating when you get the fire, flood, pestilence, bells and whistles warning and all that happens is your hat gets blown off.

Haven't been down to the house yet, but with it coming in on a strong westerly all the trees around it should blow away from the house.... here's hoping everything's in place when I get down there tomorrow to check.

Hope the dented boot lid doesn't get too legal Steve.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I think we're going to miss the worst of it up here. Just grey and wye here so far. Bit windy but nothing major.

Is it it bad I was hoping for a few downed trees to justify a huge firewood collecting session?

Hope the damage isn't too bad mesquite, and no trouble comes of the dented car!

Andy

I'm thinkin your in liverpool at the minute, ?!? Nothing at all no wind just rain in Burminam, more wind on a windy day ! Worst than 1987? Just utter scaremongering, was worse in 2012 . You would be lucky to get any firewood ar all. Anybody further south than me ?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
All finished here and the suns is trying to make an appearance, had more wind after a good curry and onion bhaji's than we got here last night.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm thinkin your in liverpool at the minute, ?!? Nothing at all no wind just rain in Burminam, more wind on a windy day ! Worst than 1987? Just utter scaremongering, was worse in 2012 . You would be lucky to get any firewood ar all. Anybody further south than me ?

As for worse than '87 this time they've recorded gusts over 100mph on the Isles of Sicily and the needles on the Isle of Wight and gusts further inland of over 90mph so I think they got the forecast pretty right.

Far better to get the intensity wrong and find it comes in a bit lower than predicted than get it totally wrong like Michael Fish did in '87.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE