Evenes-Bogen expedition HELP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
This is one really for anyone that lives in Northern Norway, but any advice from anyone will be greatly appreciated!

Ive lost contact with my Norwegian fixer and mine of info / all round top lad, last year, through me having too cancel the original expedition.
But the proposed area has stuck in my mind and I have set my sights on having a crack at it anyway.
1 week planned for late August- early September this summer (2014)
Solo bushcrafting, Kayaking and fishing.
This is the rough (ish) plan, ill get to the nuts and bolts in a second
Land at Evenes airport, gatwick-oslo-Evenes.
Travel East on the E10 (by whatever means possible) via Bogen - Lenvik - Lenvikmarka
until I reach a body of water called Gallojavri then travel back on myself heading West with the Kayak using the river that connects
the lakes, Gallojavri with Holmvatnet -Duorggajavri - smatvatnan. then making my way back too Evenes airport and home.
I know there is a national fishing licence I need to get but that is easy enough, what I do need is a regional fishing licence,
These can be obtained from post offices and conveiniance stores (I have no idea if I can pick this up in Evenes or Bogen?)
Also im going to need fuel, I cant find any real details about my stops (that are in English anyway), and the big one is transport
down the E10 (is hitchhiking legal in Norway)
I know this must seem a pretty dull post, not rammed with pictures of derring doo and chopping wood :) but hopfully one of you brothers and sisters
will take pitty on me and give me a heads up on any of the logistical problems im up against in this no doubt absolutely awesome
Adventure :)
yours hopefully G

Last edited:

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I`ve probably heard of this trip before?
I Guess Your earlier contact was Bumbler, from Harstad?

Travelling east could be done by bus. "Flybussen" have a route to Narvik from Evenes.
Best to send them a mail about wether you could get on and off in the Holmvann area or if it is an Express bus. Most likely they will stop at all bus stops.
There is also a "local" route between Harstad and Bjerkvik wich stops at the crossing between E10 and Fv829 (Grovfjordkrysset).
Hitchhiking is legal but more difficult nowadays than earlier. Fewer People stops for hitchhikers.

Fishing licence (local) for the lakes could be bought at Bunnpris (grocery store) in Bogen as far as I know. No national Fishing License is requiered above the small bridge in Østervikelva, as national Fishing License is just for waterways containing anadromous Fish.

What fuel do you need?
Kerosene/lamp oil, meths (Rødsprit) and buthane boxes could be bought at most grocery stores in the rural areas.

Try http://www.norgeibilder.no/ and http://beta.norgeskart.no/#12/590939/7603260 for maps/ortophotoes of the area.

Hope this helps Your planning.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE