Esee RB3 opinions please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
hi all,

i am very tempted by this knife for its ergonomics and would welcome any comments from owners of the same.

there is concern around the grind from Esee and they issue a warning but i am assuming they refer to the scandi in its own generic right not their steel.

i carry an axe so batton only to produce very small kindling so would minimise the risk of rolling the edge anyway.

how does the steel hold up to corrosion, did you force a patina to help?

many thanks in advance for your time and comments.

Moley

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
What is the warning about the grind?....never heard of that before

Op. I'v never owned an Esse but they are very well thought of. The americans absolutely love em by all accounts

moley1508

Aug 6, 2016
billericay
check out youtube, edge rolls . they issue a warning about battening also with each knife, which is fair enough but this doesn't get mentioned with any other model.

i have an Izula 2, no problems and like said, all other models are well regarded.

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
ESEE will look after you if something does go wrong, but I too have heard that the scandi grind on this model is having problems, why not get a custom maker to make something out of O1 instead?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE