Eriksson traditional Mora knives on EvilBay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Ok guys,

I've packed and weighed samples, and checked the mailing costs - pleasant surprise:

UK costs:

1 Small knife:

35p 2nd class
47p 1st class
66p surcharge recorded (if desired)

1 Large knife:

47p 2nd class
64p 1st class

1 of each knife:

58p 2nd class
79p 1st class

Overseas costs (same for US or Australia):

1 Small knife:

£1.37 Airmail
£4.00 surcharge "Airsure" recorded(if desired)

I will leave it up to you each to decide the appropriate delivery mechanism for your purchases.

Sorry, but I CANNOT countenance pursuing lost items unless they have been sent recorded. Life is just too short. If you just pay postage costs, I'll "Fire and Forget" with no comeback for non-delivery.

Anyone asking for recorded can have a refund if the gear doesn't show, provided I am able to claim from the PO.

The cost of the knives is as stated earlier - £6.70 each. Add to this the cost of your chosen delivery option and pay me the total.

Payments may be made via Paypal to jimh@vikingr.fsnet.co.uk, or by posting cheque/cash to:

Jim Heaton
6 Stamford Street
Millbrook
Stalybridge
Cheshire
SK15 3JB

Cheques payable to J.M.Heaton.

Please ensure that Paypal payments or cheques reference your BCUK nick, or I'll be in real trouble - jot it on the back of the cheque, or use the Paypal reference field(s)

Please also send me a single PM, detailing your choice of postage option, delivery address, and payment mechanism.

Goods will be dispatched on clearance of payment into my account (several days for cheques, much less for PP)

I will post all paid for items on Wednesday, then noting for 4 days as I'm off canoing, but I'll sort the backlog when I get back.

I trust this is satisfactory for all concerned. The list currently stands at:

Me(JimH) 1 each size
Isshogai 1L
marcja 1S
Rhodri ****Dropped out****
Raskusdrotti ****Dropped out****
Toddy 1 of each
AJB 1S - Result of coin-toss
Phil652 1L
ssj 1S prepare for eyewatering postage cost to Colorado!
Bob 1S
Khimbar 1 of each
Wentworth 1S prepare for even more eyewatering post to Oz!
Flibb 1L
Maverick 1 of each
Leon-1 1S
Beakytzw 1L
BigGeordie 1L

So that's who I'm expecting PM/payment from.

Jim.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
wentworth said:
pm plus paypal doobly sent.
Do you ever get to the point where you stop trying to justify each knife purchase?

"Because it's there" - my UKJ[1]

Jim.

[1] Universal Knife Justification.[2]

[2] Also applicable to axes, tents, rucksacks...cont'd p94

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
Gear has gone for Paypalers up to this AM. These are:

Phil652
Flibb
AJB
Leon-1
Beakytzw
Wentworth
ssj
Maverick

I have received a cheque from Isshogai, so am off to the bank.

Enjoy, folks.

Jim.

PS If anyone else fancies doing this - REMEMBER TO ALLOW FOR PAYPAL FEES :eek: :rolleyes:

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
wentworth said:
Hi Jim,
do you need more to cover paypal fees? you just have to ask...

Thanks for the offer, but it's not enough to be worth the bother. I knew they charge, but hadn't factored in the fact that their minimum charge makes small amounts relatively dear to send. Obviously this problem will simply be compounded by attempting to make up shortfalls (which is only around 25-30p a knife.

It almost exactly eats up the saving to me that I made by paying the bulk price for my 2 knives. Serves me right :D :D :D

I think of it as a learning experience. It's surely not the most money I've ever wasted on a knife purchase :rolleyes:

TTFN,

Jim.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi Jim,

I’m sorry if I’ve not paid enough, I don’t know much about PayPal, I thought it was free if you are not a shop etc. Let me know if I need to send you some more dosh.

By “gear has gone” do you mean it is on route to us? I thought you weren’t getting them until tomorrow at the earliest!

Once again thanks for all your efforts.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE